Howdy everyone! My newest RPG dev update is – I am hosting my first GAME JAM! Specifically, I am hosting a Cosmic Horror RPG Jam on Itch. Do you have a game idea? What to work with it and be inspired by other aspiring game devs? What to imagine eldrich nightmares? This is the Jam for you! The Jam is from now until March 15th- the date of Lovecraft’s passing.
“The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. . . “The Call of Cthulhu, H.P. Lovecraft
Cosmic horror is a genre where mortal humans discover truths about the universe that shake their beliefs and reveal to them alien monsters several orders of magnitude stronger than the human race. It is a genre that places heros in seemingly hopeless situations that erode their mind and soul.
Any RPG content is welcome
- RPG Systems
- One Page RPGs
- RPG Scenarios
- Maps of Lovecraftian Locals
- Artwork for Tabletop Lovecraftian tokens
The only requirements are:
- No promotion of hate toward any group. No promotion of Lovecraft’s racism.
- No piracy
- No NSFW content
- Include trigger warnings
- Games must be created within 2021. Your project need not be made solely for this jam, but should have been made in 2021.
- Must connect to Cosmic horror in some way. But this does not necessarily mean it connects to Lovecraft – you can create your own mythos.
- Unusual takes or parodies of the genre are welcome as well.
- Entries do not need to take place during the time Lovecraft is alive. Any point in time or alternate worlds are welcome.